- Gulf Finance House was able to roll over $100 million in debts for two years, with an option to extend it by another year.
- Standard Chartered is expanding its Islamic finance business. The bank recently launched a product that will allow for hedging against fluctuations in commodity prices.
- Bloomberg has a list of upcoming sukuk. Many new sukuk are coming from Asia including Hong Kong and Singapore, although regulatory challenges remain.
- The Houston Chronicle interviews Monem Salam on the Amana Funds.
- Moody's placed Dar Al-Arkan's credit rating (and the rating on its sukuk) on review for possible downgrade.
- Islamic finance has become as closely watched as celebrities, according to Lahem Al-Nasser.