- The JAFZ sukuk is scheduled to make a distribution payment of $128 million on Thursday, May 27th.
- Analysts at the International Islamci Finance Forum 2010 predict that Islamic banks will manage $4 trillion in assets by 2020. This is roughly four times the current size, although statistics about the size of the industry are often unreliable.
- OIC countries, led by Malaysia, may launch a clean energy development bank to promote renewable energy projects in OIC-member countries.
- Bank Negara Malaysia governor Zeti Akhtar Aziz says that the cental bank is developing financial instruments "that will facilitate cross-border transactions by financial institutions to improve liquidity in the Islamic banking system".
- The Malaysia Airports Holding Bhd is planning MYR2.5 billion in sukuk and conventional bonds. The sukuk portion will be MYR1 billion.
- An article provides additional commentary on the newly announced sukuk from Malaysia.