- Rushdi Siddiqui, the global head of Islamic finance for Thomson Reuters, argues in a column in GulfNews that there should be more linkages between the halal industry and Islamic finance.
- Dar Al-Arkan made a periodic coupon distribution on one of its sukuk.
- To broaden its investments, Kuwait Finance House signed an agreement to invest $450 million in Canadian real estate working with Killiam Properties.
- The first takaful policy for a space satellite was announced recently.
- The Investment Dar is fighting over the buyback option on shares in Boubyan Bank it lost.
- Asharq Alawsat's columnist Lahem al-Nasser says that Shari'ah boards should be treated like external auditors and should be liable for their decisions.
- Pakistan will sell domestic sukuk within the next three months. The central bank is also considering ways to provide short-term sukuk for Islamic banks' liquidity management.