Rushdi Siddiqui writes in Gulf News about the need for Islamic financial institutions to view public relations as an important part of business development to expand their appeal.
- A contributor to TwoCircles.net describes the potential for Islamic microfinance and laments the shortage of Islamic banks becoming involved with microfinance.
- The sukuk market is not expected to regain its growth until 2011-2012 according to analysts. 2010 is expected to be flat compared with 2009, where there was significant recovery after a multi-year low in 2008.
- The Saad Group has yet to reach an aggrement with the banks to whom it owes at least $6.5 billion.
- Without naming The Investment Dar, Lahem al-Nasser, writes a damning criticism of their challenge in the case surrounding the wakala agreement with Blom Bank in Asharq Alawsat calling their legal claims 'Machiavellian". Andrew Cunningham, the managing director of the Financial Services Volunteer Corps adds his thoughts in a Financial Times opinion piece.
- Islamic banks in Malaysia and the UK plan further cooperation to increase the number of cross-border transactions.