- Gulf Finance House is planning to launch an Islamic bank in Syria called the Syria Finance House.
- An article in a Turkish newspaper discusses Bank Asya, one of the participation banks in the country.
- An article on Mideast fund managers provides some statistics on the distribution of Islamic funds across the world in advance of an Amanie-Failaka conference.
- The CEO of the Badr-Forte bank, an Islamic financial institution in Russia, is starting a new Islamic financial institution, Al-Shams Capital.
- I found this article with an interview with Professor Catherine Cowley about the relationship between ethics and finance interesting.
- Islamic hedge funds have, not surprisingly because of limited offerings, not been a prominent fixture in fund managers' portfolios with only 19.7% of Middle East investors reporting that they invested in Islamic hedge funds.