The first salary and bonus survey was published for the Islamic financial industry. William Allum, the head of Napier Scott's Middle East practice which conducted the survey pointed out:
"We are seeing pay scale differentials favouring Islamic Banking because of a shortage of skilled, experienced staff. A managing director in Sharia'a structuring, for example, can expect to receive a combined salary and bonus of Pounds 275,000, whereas a similar post in say Russia would attract Pounds 200,000, a significant different [sic]."
- Assets in the Islamic finance industry could reach $1.6 trillion by 2012 according to Oliver Wyman.
- Another Islamic finance company is launching in Sri Lanka, First Barakah Investments Ltd.
- India's first Shari'ah-compliant mutual fund was launched with Rs. 50 million (about $1 million) in assets.
- The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich's International Relations and Security Network, partially funded by the Swiss government, has an article on Islamic finance that provides a description of the industry and includes the arguments of some critics of the industry.
- The Islamic Bank of Thailand's debut sukuk issue will be for $200 million.
- Jordan will issue its first sovereign sukuk.
- The Qatar Islamic Bank is starting a European sukuk fund.
- The Bank of London and the Middle East plans a listing on the London Stock Exchange in 2010.